The end of the year inevitability leads us to ponder what is to come in the next year. I personally don’t like to think of it as New Years resolutions but rather things I’d like to learn/do in the New Year. Here’s my list for 2010.
- Learn some basic programming. I spend copious hours on my computer and online and would love to learn how to build my own webpage and/or have the ability to moderate an already established one. I think it would be a good thing to put on my resume but mostly I’d love to snazz up my blog and have a cleaner more personalized presence online. Now friends I would like to enlist your help because I don’t even know where to start. CSS, Java, wth? Anyway a little nudge in the right direction would be much appreciated. Where should I start?
- Finish a half marathon in less than 2 hours. I hate running but its benefits cannot be denied and the only way I can get myself to put on those running shoes is to do a marathon. I’m signing up for one in April so we’ll see how that goes.
- Write at least 100 pages of my novel. My computer crashed some months back and with it some 200 pages and 6 years of work on a story. That broke my heart, but I’m dusting myself off and will begin anew.
- Write more snail mail. I am chained to email nowadays, its convenient and immediate. I miss getting letters in the mail though. I have all of this beautiful stationary that I never use. My goal is to use it this year.
- 100 books in 2010. I’m starting a list on good reads of books I want to read this year. It’s kind of an ambitious goal, it averages to about 8 and a half books a month. I figure lots of time on the subway and adding some YA books to the mix will make this a challenging yet attainable goal. I’ll detail my progress in this blog.
Those are the biggies for 2010. Play safe out there this New Years eve and I hope 2010 brings with it new daring and bold adventures.